What is the DIY ?Jean Cloud
DIY, what is it?
The DIY is an alternative mode of consumption which is to make its own e-liquid for electronic cigarette. E-liquid is called a liquid ready to be vape having a base Propylene Glycol (PG) and / or Vegetable Glycerin (VG), which may contain concentrated flavors, additives and possibly nicotine. Design its own e-liquid for the determination flavors to choose its base and nicotine levels to create a unique e-liquid and fully adapted to its way of vaper and tastes. It is also the opportunity to play the apprentice chemist testing and inventing new flavors.
DIY is economical and probably easier than you think, then start blogging!
The Do It Yourself, in summary form, is simply:
• add drops of concentrated flavors in a neutral base (with or without nicotine)
• wait (minimum 24) to allow time for the flavors to express,
• and enjoy …
What are the advantages of DIY?
Realize its own e-liquid is a decision that may be motivated by several factors. The lack of transparency in the composition of e-liquids or trade the desire to achieve an original taste can be one. Add also the willingness to make very significant savings over the long term or the simple pleasure of it-yourself revenues. The main factors that cause fumes to embark on DIY:
• significant savings on its e-liquid consumption (the cost of a 10 ml vial is roughly $ 1)
• know and master the composition of its e-liquid,
• realize infinite combinations, thanks to the wide choice of flavors, bases and additives,
• the satisfaction of having done one’s own e-liquid,
• precise dosing of its PG or VG basis according to their tastes,
• choosing a suitable packaging to consumption: 10ml, 30ml, 50ml, 100ml …
• create own unique recipe for his personal taste to share.
You will manipulate the nicotine diluted in propylene glycol (PG) and / or vegetable glycerin (VG). Nicotine is a hazardous product, even diluted, must be handled with great care. Wash hands before and after handling nicotine, avoid contact with skin (wear gloves) and not to approach the bottles from his eyes to avoid any projections (wear goggles or face shield).
It is highly recommended to use gloves and goggles when handling the nicotinée base, especially if it contains a lot of nicotine. Prevention is better than cure 🙂
Here are the 6 commandments of responsible DIYeur:
1. Store your bottles nicotines in a place accessible to you only see locked in the presence of children, and away from light.
2. The flavors should never be used alone. They must always be mixed in small quantities in a database.
3. Products to make its e-liquid with the DIY method are reserved exclusively for the use of the electronic cigarette.
4. If you feel nauseous, if you eat one of these products, contact your doctor or emergency room.
5. If any of these products come into contact with your eyes, rinse thoroughly with clean water and contact your doctor or emergency room.
6. Finally, keep and always handle these products out of reach of children.